2022 Choosi Futures Grant Winner - Tara Garson
We thank all applicants for their interest in this year’s Choosi Futures Grant Program! It was a very competitive year, with so many inspirational submissions. We have now started accepting applications for 2023 and welcome all students who meet the eligibility criteria to apply.
Choosi is an insurance comparison service and we’re dedicated to helping Australians make more informed decisions when purchasing life insurance, funeral insurance, pet insurance, car insurance, home and contents insurance, or business insurance. We do this by offering a free insurance comparison that enables customers to compare the benefits of a range of different policies across various insurance brands, so that they can choose a policy that suits their needs, lifestyle, and budget.
Choosi is passionate about helping to make a healthier Australia and as part of this commitment, we developed the annual Choosi Futures Grant Program – a financial assistance of $5,000 that’s offered to one lucky student enrolled in a full-time, accredited Australian education institution studying a certificate, diploma, degree, or traineeship in any of the following areas: Medicine, Health Sciences & Healthcare, and/or Specialist Healthcare.
This grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2022 grant are now closed, and applications for the 2023 grant are open until October 31, 2023.
The grant (prize)
The value of this grant is AUD $5,000 and is paid as a lump-sum payment to the winner.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree, or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- University degrees:
- Medical & Health Sciences
- Medical Science
- Medical Studies
- Medical Research
- Health Sciences (any specialty)
- Applied Science (health & fitness-related specialties)
- Health & Sport Sciences
- Optometry & Vision Science
- Dental Surgery
- Dental Science
- Dental Medicine
- TAFE certificates/diplomas:
- Health Science
- Health Science Foundations
- Practice Management
- Health Services Assistance
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Technology
- Dental Services
- Optical Dispensing
- Community Pharmacy
- University degrees:
- Only citizens or permanent residents of Australia can apply.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Employees and immediate family members including the spouse, de facto, parent, guardian, child, or sibling (Immediate Family Members) of Choosi, The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd and Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd are ineligible to enter.
To apply for the Choosi Futures Grant Program, you’ll need to write an essay (maximum 500 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
We’re looking for submissions that reflect a true desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose (just honest and from the heart), so start thinking about the real reasons you’ve chosen the career path you have and then put them into words.
How to apply
All applicants must email the following documentation to email@example.com:
- Proof of identification
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name, and enrolment status
- Your response (maximum word count 500 words)
- Contact details (including residential address)
The winner of the grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the Choosi team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge. The panel will convene from November 15, 2023.
The winner of the 2023 Grant will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 17, 2024.
View full terms and conditions.
We love to help
We help thousands of people
compare policies every day
Save time and effort
Compare a range of
policies in one place
No extra cost
Pay the same as going
direct to the insurer