Terms and conditions
The Choosi Futures Grant Program (Grant, Grant Program) is run by Choosi and as a condition of entry, the Entrant (the Entrant) will be bound by the following terms and conditions.
Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, and the winner will be chosen based on merit.
- The Promoter is Choosi Pty Ltd (the Promoter, We, Us, Our) (ABN 15 147 630 886) a related company of Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd (GFS) (ABN 53 128 692 884, AFSL No. 343079) and The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (Hollard) (ABN 78 090 584 473; AFSL 241436). The Promoter assesses and awards the grant in its sole discretion.
- To apply for the Choosi Futures Grant Program, the Entrant will need to write an essay (maximum 500 words) on why they want to work in their selected industry and the difference they hope to make in their particular field of study.
- We’re looking for submissions that reflect a true desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose (just honest and from the heart), so the Entrant will need to start thinking about the real reasons they’ve chosen the career path they have and then put them into words.
- Entry is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia who are aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry, who are enrolled in full-time study in an accredited Australian education institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree, or traineeship in any of the following areas and have fulfilled the requirements in clause 4 (this clause), clause 5, and these terms and conditions in their entirety.
- University degrees:
- Medical & Health Sciences
- Medical Science
- Medical Studies
- Medical Research
- Health Sciences (any specialty)
- Applied Science (health & fitness-related specialties)
- Health & Sport Sciences
- Optometry & Vision Science
- Dental Surgery
- Dental Science
- Dental Medicine
- TAFE certificates/diplomas:
- Health Science
- Health Science Foundations
- Practice Management
- Health Services Assistance
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Technology
- Dental Services
- Optical Dispensing
- Community Pharmacy
- University degrees:
- Employees and immediate family members including the spouse, de facto, parent, guardian, child, or sibling (Immediate Family Members) of Choosi, The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd and Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd are ineligible to enter.
How to enter
- Eligible Entrants must submit their entry during the Entry Period (defined below under When to enter) by submitting their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must include:
- A proof of identification;
- A proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- The Entrant’s response to the challenge (maximum word count is 500 words); and
- The Entrant’s contact details (including residential address).
- Any entries to this Grant Program must be the Entrant’s original work. If an entry is found to be plagiarised, whether wholly or a substantial part, it will be disqualified from this Grant Program. This clause is active despite any communication of the result of the Grant Program.
When to enter
- The entry period for 2022 closes October 31, 2022 at 23:59pm (Entry Period). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are based on Sydney AEST. Please note that the entry period for 2021 is now closed.
- The winner of the Grant will be selected on the basis of the best written entry by a panel of judges. Judging will take place from November 15, 2022.
- The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the Event that the first Entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or accept the Grant.
- The winner for the 2022 Grant will be notified by email and their name will be published on Our website on February 17, 2023. The winner for the 2021 Grant will be notified by email and their name will be published on Our website on February 17, 2022.
Number of entries permitted
- Eligible Entrants can only enter once and in their own name. Business names won’t be accepted.
- The Grant’s total value is $5,000 (the Prize). This will be paid as a lump sum directly to the chosen financial institution of the eligible winner.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within six weeks of the winner announcement to claim fulfilment of the Grant, that winner will forfeit the Grant in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the Grant Program. The Promoter won’t be liable for a winner who can’t be contacted.
General terms and conditions
- The Entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions and that entry into the Grant Program is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in full.
- If any person (other than the Entrant) is appearing in any photograph (if used for entering the Grant Program or any part of any entry) is 18 years old or over, the Entrant warrants that they’ve informed them of the nature and likely use of the photograph, and have their consent to do so, prior to submission. If any person appearing in the photograph is under the age of 18, the Entrant warrants that they’ve informed their parent or guardian of the nature and likely use of the photograph and have the parent or guardian’s consent to do so, prior to submission.
- Each Entrant warrants they have copyright, and other intellectual property rights, for the comments or images submitted for the purposes of their entry and as part of their entry, and provides a license to the Promoter to use the comments in future advertising campaigns and for remarketing purposes. This license is non-revocable except with the express consent of the Promoter. Each Grant Entrant holds the Promoter harmless for any liabilities associated with the unauthorised use of any content or image that has been included in their entry.
- Any eligible Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Grant, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to receive the Prize or enter further Grant Programs run by the Promoter.
- If this Grant is interfered with in any way or isn’t capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any Entrant or claimant; or (b) modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Grant Program, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Grant Program. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason this Grant Program isn’t capable of running as planned, including due to (but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, or integrity or proper conduct of this Grant Program, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Grant Program.
- All Entrants must only submit their own original answers. Any such answers can’t be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and can’t be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded the Grant, the Grant value must be returned to the Promoter.
- At any time, the Promoter reserves the right to validate and check the authenticity of entries and Entrants’ details (including an Entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and education enrolment). In the event that a winner can’t provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, incorrect, and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion, be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, aren’t eligible to win. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an Entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the Grant Program is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this Grant can’t be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this Grant Program if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this program. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Grant Program.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies won’t be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special, or consequential loss, or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Grant Program or accepting or using any Prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which can’t be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed, or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the Entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the Prize or acceptance of the Prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage doesn’t constitute a waiver of these rights.
We love to help
We help thousands of people
compare policies every day
Save time and effort
Compare a range of
policies in one place
No extra cost
Pay the same as going
direct to the insurer