How We collect Your Personal Information
We collect Your Personal Information from You in various ways and at several different points. We may collect Your Personal Information on our web site, by telephone, facsimile, when you complete an application form for one of Our products or services and forward it to Our attention, enter a competition or voluntarily participate in a survey.
Wherever possible, We collect Your Personal Information directly from You. There may, however, be occasions where We collect Your Personal Information from someone else.
Collection of Your Personal Information may include Us collecting from:
- Our authorised representatives;
- Our distributors or referrers, agents, business partners and affiliates, other insurers or Related Companies;
- Our service providers;
- The insurer of any policy We arrange for You;
- Your insurer’s appointed service providers including claims assessors;
- Family members or anyone You have authorised to deal with Us on Your behalf;
- Our legal or other advisers;
- Social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information;
- The Financial Ombudsman Service or any other external dispute resolution body;
- Policyholder or others who are authorised or noted on the policy as having a legal interest in it, or where they have been appointed under power of attorney or otherwise to manage Your affairs;
- Clubs, associations, member loyalty or rewards program providers and other relevant organisations;
- Publicly available sources of information;
- Data partners, analytic consultants and other similar organisations; and
- Any other organisation or person where You have consented to them providing Your Personal Information to Us or consented to Us obtaining Personal Information from them.
If You provide Personal Information to Us about another person, We rely on You to have made or make them aware that You will, or may, provide their information to Us and the types of third parties We may provide it to, the relevant purposes We and any of the third parties will use it for and how they can access it. If it is Sensitive Information We rely on You to have obtained their consent on these matters. If You have not done, or will not do, either of these things, You must tell Us before you provide the relevant Personal Information.
A number of interactive tools or facilities may be available on Our web sites. If You use any of these tools or facilities, We generally do not collect your Personal Information unless a particular tool permits You to suspend or save information and recover those details at a later time. In these circumstances, Your Personal Information may be retained on our systems but is not processed or used by Us except that it may be used for the purposes of online quoting and subsequent follow up.
From time to time We may request Personal Information from You through competitions or surveys. Participation in these competitions or surveys is completely voluntary and You, therefore, have the choice of whether or not You disclose the Personal Information requested. We may use Personal Information We collect through surveys or questionnaires to assess Your satisfaction with Our products and services and to determine how We may be able to better service Your needs.