What cover is available?
Business insurance can provide financial cover for your business, including the premises and contents, against loss, damage or theft as well as cover against any resulting financial loss from an insured interruption to the business.
There are many different types of business insurance cover options, each designed to protect different areas of a business' operation. The cover options often include:
- covers any physical buildings which you may own against fire and perils.
- covers against theft and accidental damage of equipment, such as tools, laptops and mobile phones while you are away from your premises.
- covers against burglary, theft and accidental damage of equipment at your premises.
- covers your business against the legal costs of a claim for injury or damage to the property of others that occurs while you are providing a service, either at your work place or another location.
- covers the loss or damage to the glass within your premises, this could be internal or external.
- covers fees of any accountants engaged in connection to an audit by the Australian Taxation Office.
- covers your business for loss of income due to material damage within your business.
- covers loss or damage to money at your premises or on the way to or from your premises.
- covers specified losses suffered through the actions of a dishonest employee.
Machinery, computer and electronic equipment breakdown
- covers against loss or damage from the breakdown of equipment.
Goods in transit
- covers goods your business uses, buys or sells while in transit.
The type of cover and amount will depend on the nature of your business and what areas you think are important for you.