Landlords insurance


Understanding landlords insurance

Like any investment, your rental property needs to be protected. If tenants do damage or leave without paying their rent you can be left out of pocket. Landlords insurance provides cover against theft, malicious damage, loss of earnings, as well as storms, flood, fire and other natural disasters. You should read the relevant PDS for specific details including what’s covered, but we’ve included some general information to get you started below.

Protection for your property

Landlords insurance often includes the following covers:

  • Natural disasters

    Protect your building and contents against fire and explosion, earthquake, lightning, storm and rainwater.

  • Theft and malicious damage

    Cover your property and its contents, such as carpets and furniture, against theft or malicious damage, including vandalism.

  • Impact damage

    Cover for damage to your building due to impact, whether it’s a fallen tree or a car crashing into your property.

  • Outside contents

    Cover for items outside your insured building, including barbeques and outdoor furniture.

  • Water damage

    Cover for damage caused by bursting, leaking or overflow of water.

  • Optional extras

    Insurers frequently allow you to customise your insurance to better suit your needs with optional extras. Electrical motor burnout, for example, covers the cost of repairing or replacing an electric motor that's part of your contents, such as your washing machine or automatic garage door.

This is general information only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider the relevant PDS available on this website prior to purchasing any product. Choosi offers insurance products from a range of brands but does not compare all products available in the market. 

Compare home and contents insurance products now

Don’t leave it to guesswork or chance! Start comparing with Choosi today for your home and contents insurance.